- Sónar 2009 | 26.10.2009 | HyperSounds :: Contemporary Sounds
- Sónar 2009 | 27.07.2009 | SonarRadio & Scanner FM present the most dancefloor-oriented DJs and live sets from Sonar 2009
- Sónar 2009 | 01.07.2009 | Final assessment 2009: Thanks to everyone
- Sónar 2009 | 17.06.2009 | Sonar 2009 on the waves and on the net
- Sónar 2009 | 16.06.2009 | Orbital: Paul Hartnoll talks about their new show
- Sónar 2009 | 15.06.2009 | A French full house for Friday night
- Sónar 2009 | 15.06.2009 | "Sonar 2009: territori polar", a personal look at the 16th festival
- Sónar 2009 | 14.06.2009 | Animal Collective - unlimited risk
- Sónar 2009 | 10.06.2009 | All eyes on Joker
- Sónar 2009 | 09.06.2009 | Richie Hawtin, audiovisual experience at Sonar 2009
- previous .. 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. next
We already know that a Richie Hawtin set is not only about music: it has something to do with image, with technology, with a particular idea of future and progress. Every time he plays at Sonar, Richie Hawtin brings something more than techno, and his set this year is no exception. As well as following the ‘Twitter DJ’ experience, following in real time what tracks and which producers in particular are being played by means of his oficial page on the ‘Twitter’ network, Hawtin proposes a special show especially thought up to stimulate the view.
Minus assures that there will be a mixture of audio and video by means of “opensource visual tools, like quartz composer and processing, to achieve an abstract visuality that is graphically minimal but dynamically complex, which has real-time interaction with Richie’s musical outcome through audio signal analysis and MIDI signals". As always, Hawtin takes a step forward from the rest.
Missing his Sonar sets is a mistake, so dont miss out.
Richie Hawtin will perform at Sonar by Night on Friday 19th at 2pm at SonarClub.