- Sónar 2009 | 26.10.2009 | HyperSounds :: Contemporary Sounds
- Sónar 2009 | 27.07.2009 | SonarRadio & Scanner FM present the most dancefloor-oriented DJs and live sets from Sonar 2009
- Sónar 2009 | 01.07.2009 | Final assessment 2009: Thanks to everyone
- Sónar 2009 | 17.06.2009 | Sonar 2009 on the waves and on the net
- Sónar 2009 | 16.06.2009 | Orbital: Paul Hartnoll talks about their new show
- Sónar 2009 | 15.06.2009 | A French full house for Friday night
- Sónar 2009 | 15.06.2009 | "Sonar 2009: territori polar", a personal look at the 16th festival
- Sónar 2009 | 14.06.2009 | Animal Collective - unlimited risk
- Sónar 2009 | 10.06.2009 | All eyes on Joker
- Sónar 2009 | 09.06.2009 | Richie Hawtin, audiovisual experience at Sonar 2009
- previous .. 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. next
The Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, with the artistic direction of Advanced Music, presents Hypersounds; a series of concerts, performances, installations and panels based around sonic investigation, featuring experiments with the many creative possibilities of sound and its various spatial, emotional and aesthetic interactions.
The event will take place simultaneously over two days, in five unique spaces in the museum's two buildings. Those attending will be able to alternate between regular scheduled concerts or installations/performances that will be on display permanently. The line-up is rounded off by panels on music and multimedia works from two main Spanish technological research platforms.
In the Sabatini building, Room 305 will be the backdrop for works by Marnix de Nijs and Edwin van der Heide, such as Spatial Sound, an audiovisual installation which constructs a physical and tangible relationship with the viewer, creating an interplay of attractions between humans and machines which has a direct influence on its sound and movement.
The more contemporary Nouvel building, on the other hand, will feature concerts, Dj set, panels and a screening. The Auditorio 400 will be the setting for various facets of sonic experimentation and musical languages. Among these are the “Do-It-Yourself” craftsmanship of Tender Forever, the mantra-style improvisation of England's Shit & Shine, and the audiovisual project 5.1 by Umfeld, aka Speedy J and the Californian video artist Scott Pagano, and finally, the sonic folk-dubstep archaeology of Various Productions.
The Auditorio 200 will host the Spanish première of “Amplified Gesture”, a film directed by Phil Hopkins and with the renowned English musician David Sylvian as Executive Producer, made to coincide with the release of David's latest album "manafon" on samadhisound.
Madrid artists will take centre stage during the Dj sets at the Cafetería Nouvel, which will feature Svreca, Annie Hall and HD Substance, as well as special guests from the UK such as Rustie and his off the wall hip-hop arrangements and Mary Anne Hobbs, the international muse of the most adventurous and experimental side of dubstep.
In the Sala de Protocolo, there will be panels by Madrid's Medialab Prado and the Musical Technology Group from the Pompeu Fabra University of Barcelona.
Hypersounds provides an opportunity for a close look at the international artistic scene and some of Spain’s most important projects at the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.
All Hypersounds activities are free until reaching full capacity.
Reservation of tickets for the Auditorio 400 is now closed.
Umfeld, Shit & Shine, Various Productions and Tender Forever are now sold out
More ino at: